As a member of the UBC Medical Alumni Association (MAA), you have access to invaluable opportunities for connecting with medical alumni across BC, throughout Canada, and around the world, as well as for supporting the next generation of medical students. Please join today, and consider making an additional donation to support the work of the association.
The UBC Faculty of Medicine—with over 5,000 MD alumni—is active at university and clinical campuses throughout BC, including the Vancouver Fraser Medical Program, the Northern Medical Program in Prince George, the Southern Medical Program in Kelowna and the Island Medical Program on Vancouver Island. The MAA facilitates a wide range of professional, social and recreational connections for students across these sites and with alumni in BC, Canada and worldwide.
Your membership and additional donations support many initiatives that the MAA is involved with throughout the year. These include: the ongoing operations of the William A. Webber Medical Student & Alumni Centre (MSAC) in Vancouver and the new MSAC in Victoria; the development of new centres for medical students and alumni in Kelowna and Prince George; videoconferencing technology to connect students and alumni across BC; ensuring the yearbook and the annual hooding ceremony remain thriving traditions; a gift of a “doctor’s shingle” for each member of the graduating MD class; and the MAA’s Annual Recognition Awards program.
Please sign up for membership today and continue to keep your membership current each year to be part of this influential network of peers. By making an additional donation you will support today’s medical students and our priority project: the continuing development of social and recreational centres for students and alumni at each of our program locations.
Your membership benefits include:
- Access to the Medical Student & Alumni Centre (MSAC), including the gym
- Free use of MSAC for class reunions and discount on rental for other events
- Invitations to alumni events and activities
- Faculty news and updates, plus the latest research in the UBC Medicine magazine
- Access to UBC Podcasts for a variety of programming related to lifelong learning and social issues
- Free lifetime email forwarding account
- Membership in the UBC Library, including access to the EBSCO Academic Search and Business Source alumni editions online journal.
If you would like an access card for the MSAC in Vancouver or a UBC Library card, please email email@example.com or call 604-875-4111 x62032.