Associate Director, Development
- UBC Nursing Research & Teaching Scholarship Report (2015/16 - 2016/17) October 4, 2017The UBC School of Nursing is pleased to share the recently released report, which highlights research and teaching scholarship activities in the School from 2015/16 to 2016/17.
- Sandra Lauck Accepts New Professorship October 3, 2017The UBC School of Nursing, in partnership with St Paul’s Hospital, is proud to announce that Dr. Sandra Lauck has been selected to hold the St. Paul’s Hospital and Heart & Stroke Foundation Professorship in Cardiovascular Nursing at UBC.
- How Much Sleep Do Children Need? September 19, 2017Dr Wendy Hall posts an op-ed on sleep quantity and quality necessary for optimizing childrens' health, based on research from the expansive sleep study that reviewed over 800 academic papers on the subject of sleep.
- Dr Saewyc Comments on E-Cigs September 19, 2017If most e-cigarettes in Canada include nicotine then it is likely that young people who vape will end up addicted to nicotine. That is the opinion that Elizabeth Saewyc offered in an e-mail interview on vaping among youth.
- Prostate Cancer, Capacity to Work & Taboos September 19, 2017Dr John Oliffe attended the Asia-Pacific Prostate Cancer Conference in Melbourne in August 2017 to discuss how prostate cancer affects men's capacity for returning to work after surgery. A graduated return is recommended. (Links open in a new window)