Senior Director, Development and Alumni Engagement
Lindsay Barber (on leave)
Writing Specialist, Research and Proposals
Sarah Barclay (on leave)
Associate Director, Alumni Relations
Manager, Alumni Engagement, Applied Science
Alumni Relations Coordinator
- Four UBC profs inducted into Canadian Academy of Engineering June 26, 2017Four UBC professors — Perry Adebar, PEng (Civil Engineering), Choon (Jim) Lim, PEng (Chemical and Biological Engineering), James Olson, PEng (Mechanical Engineering) and Marc Parlange, PEng (Civil Engineering) — have been inducted as fellows of the Canadian Academy of Engineering (CAE) in recognition of their "distinguished achievements and career-long service to the engineering profession."
- In memoriam: John Friedmann, urban planning pioneer and honourary UBC professor, dies at 91 June 14, 2017The UBC Faculty of Applied Science mourns the passing of John Friedmann, 91, an honourary professor in UBC’s School of Community and Regional Planning (SCARP). Also a professor emeritus in the Luskin School of Public Affairs at the University of California, Los Angeles, where he served as head of the Urban Planning Program in the […]
- When the rubber hits the road: recycled tires create stronger concrete June 13, 2017UBC engineers have developed a more resilient type of concrete using recycled tires that could be used for concrete structures like buildings, roads, dams and bridges while reducing landfill waste.
- UBC students showcase rocket ahead of international competition June 13, 2017Event: Space rocket preview Date: June 14, from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Location: Fred Kaiser Bldg., Rm 2020/2030 Map: http://www.maps.ubc.ca/PROD/index_detail.php?locat1=313 Parking: Health Sciences Parkade
- Biomedical Engineering Student Team annual showcase June 8, 2017On Monday, May 29, 2017 the UBC Biomedical Engineering Student Team (BEST) hosted its annual showcase to feature a number of the innovative solutions that its members have been developing. Medical professionals, UBC faculty, biomedical industry professionals and students were in attendance.