UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
Development and Alumni Engagement
1138 Alumni Ave.
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- UBC researchers develop diagnostic tool for detecting cryptosporidium February 14, 2019A handheld 'tricorder' that can test for biological contamination in real-time has been the dream of science fiction fans for decades. And UBC Okanagan engineers say the technology is closer to science fact than ever before.
- Expert Q&A: First comes Tinder, then comes marriage February 13, 2019The way many people discover romance is undergoing a radical shift. Where once we may have met our romantic partners in the checkout line at the grocery store, the norm has shifted to connecting online first. How did this happen and what does it mean for the future of romance?
- Will U B my February 12, 2019For some, an eggplant emoji evokes visions of a fabulous dinner, while for others, it could suggest an intimate interlude after dessert.
- Think big—at least when it comes to global conservation February 8, 2019According to a group of international researchers, the potential contributions large countries have to protect the environment are being overlooked.
- Seven Fallen Feathers author and journalist offering two presentations in the Okanagan February 6, 2019Award-winning author and journalist Tanya Talaga will delve into hard truths revealed in her critically acclaimed book, Seven Fallen Feathers: Racism, Death and Hard Truths in a Northern City, during two presentations co-sponsored by UBC Okanagan and Okanagan College.