UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
Development and Alumni Engagement
1138 Alumni Ave.
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- UBC Okanagan professors explain the science of wine August 8, 2019UBC researchers are taking the opportunity to explain what’s going on in their research labs, in a series of talks hosted in conjunction with this year’s BC Pinot Noir Celebration.
- UBC-developed sensor provides next-generation ice detection August 8, 2019A new sensor, that can detect ice accumulation in real-time, might be a game-changer when it comes to airline safety and efficiency.
- UBCO students put cosmic ray research aloft July 24, 2019A group of UBC Okanagan students have won the opportunity to launch a science experiment into the stratosphere with help from the Canadian Space Agency.
- Researchers examine how hydrogen affects natural gas combustion July 23, 2019In the search for cleaner and more efficient energy, researchers from UBC and the National Research Council (NRC) of Canada are investigating the benefits of injecting hydrogen into natural gas distribution networks.
- Collaboration aims to improve services for homeless July 22, 2019Researchers at UBC Okanagan, Interior Health, Okanagan College, the Central Okanagan Journey Home Society and various human and health service sectors across the BC Interior, have received federal funding to explore ways to improve services for homeless people.