UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
3247 University Way
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- UBC researchers uncover new ways to reduce opioid abuse July 18, 2018New research at the UBC’s Okanagan campus, Harvard Medical School and the University of Texas is exploring the role nanotechnologies can play to reduce opioid abuse.
- Opera Kelowna brings Carmen to UBC Okanagan July 16, 2018The drama of one of opera’s most famous love stories, Carmen, will come to life at UBC Okanagan’s courtyard on August 1 as Opera Under the Stars returns to the university.
- UBC Okanagan research makes boating more efficient July 11, 2018Boats that travel through the water, but don’t get wet. That’s the idea behind new research from UBC’s Okanagan campus that aims to make boats more efficient by creating superhydrophobic—or extremely water-repellent—surfaces
- UBC research project hosts bee-friendly family event July 9, 2018There is plenty of buzz around Kelowna’s bee ambassador program as more than 250 Kelowna residents have planted bee-friendly gardens this spring.
- Pikas in peril June 20, 2018UBC researchers have determined that the American pika, long cast as a sentinel mammal for the impacts of climate change, maybe in more trouble than once thought.