UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
Development and Alumni Engagement
1138 Alumni Ave.
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- UBC announces new Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal of Okanagan campus February 14, 2020The University of British Columbia announced today that Lesley Cormack has been appointed as the new Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal of UBC Okanagan and will formally begin the role on July 1, 2020.
- Okanagan icon John Lent is UBCO’s writer-in-residence February 12, 2020John Lent, a Vernon-based professional author, editor, singer and songwriter is this spring’s writer-in-residence at UBC Okanagan. He will be on campus from March 9 to 26 working with students, faculty and the community in various writing and literary projects.
- UBCO research team sniffs out competing cannabis breathalyzers February 6, 2020It’s only a matter of time before breath detection devices, targeting drivers who are too high to drive, will be in the hands of enforcement agencies.
- Researchers test common garden practice on lodgepole pine forests February 6, 2020New research suggests a backyard gardener’s tried and true method of ‘thinning’ could be beneficiary to tree growth and water supply, and ultimately help fight climate change.
- Extreme weather conditions can tax urban drainage systems to the max February 5, 2020During a typical Canadian winter, snow accumulation and melt—combined with sudden rainfalls—can lead to bottlenecks in storm drains that can cause flooding. Researchers at UBC’s Okanagan campus have been examining urban stormwater drainage systems, and they too have concerns about the resilience of many urban drainage systems.