UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
Development and Alumni Engagement
1138 Alumni Ave.
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- Okanagan Short Story Contest winners shortlisted April 23, 2019UBC Okanagan’s Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies (FCCS) is pleased to share the finalists of the 2019 Okanagan Short Story Contest.
- UBC earth scientist offers gardening tip April 18, 2019Miranda Hart digs dirt. The biology professor in UBC Okanagan’s Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences is a researcher and naturalist who has dedicated her career to studying microbes in soil. Specifically, she investigates how soil biodiversity helps ecosystems function, and what happens when we destroy this life in our soils.
- Experts Advisory: Earth Day, 49 years later April 17, 2019Almost 50 years ago, millions gathered to protest the negative impacts of industry and development on the world. Since then, the tradition has continued with Earth Day, a global celebration that is recognized by more than one billion people in 192 countries. It is a day of civic and political action to focus on environmental […]
- Men’s knowledge on prostate cancer needs improving April 16, 2019UBC researchers have determined the majority of men struggle when it comes to understanding the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer.
- UBC Okanagan opens new community-engaged research space April 15, 2019Research for those living with chronic disease, physical disability and obesity is set to get a boost with the opening of two new community-focused research spaces at UBC Okanagan.