UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
Development and Alumni Engagement
1138 Alumni Ave.
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- Three leading institutions to discuss systemic racism in science November 24, 2020UBC’s Okanagan campus is hosting a series of webinars on science and systemic racism. The webinars begin on November 26 and are part of an ongoing speaker series on systemic racism organized by the university.
- UBC Okanagan rethinks and relaunches its Bachelor of Arts program November 24, 2020In an era when there’s increasing emphasis on students to focus on science, technology, engineering and math—the STEM fields—UBC’s Okanagan campus is relaunching its Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree with an eye to making it even more relevant to today’s changing world.
- Telehealth offers new rural health care options for Parkinson’s patients November 18, 2020New research from the UBC Southern Medical Program (SMP) supports the use of telehealth in the care of Parkinson’s patients in rural communities, particularly within the Interior Health region.
- Exposing kids to STEM is important, even during a pandemic, says UBCO prof November 17, 2020Parents are increasingly looking for ways to promote an interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) to their children, especially as access to traditional learning environments has been made more challenging.
- UBCO presents inaugural Sharon Thesen Lecture November 16, 2020The creative writing program at UBCO is hosting its inaugural Sharon Thesen Lecture with Vernon-based author John Lent.