UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
Development and Alumni Engagement
1138 Alumni Ave.
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- Raising children in the age of screen time November 22, 2019Technology is everywhere—including on the minds of parents and caregivers who are struggling to balance screen time with other activities for their young children.
- Free naloxone training program offered at UBC Okanagan November 21, 2019Ariel Smith, a Southern Medical Program student at UBC Okanagan has seen first-hand the impacts of the opioid overdose crisis on Okanagan communities.
- UBCO researcher examines traumatic brain injury in survivors of intimate partner violence November 20, 2019While the diagnoses and treatment of sport-related concussion have well-established guidelines and protocols, a new study from UBC’s Okanagan campus is looking at what has previously been an understudied group—women survivors of intimate partner violence (IPV). Their hope is to pilot test a simple screening tool to help front-line services, like women’s shelters, identify traumatic […]
- Use the humanities to bridge cultural divisions, say UBC profs November 18, 2019Researchers bring reasoning into scientific, often polarizing, issues
- Kelowna City Council goes on the road to UBC Okanagan November 15, 2019UBC’s Okanagan campus will be host to Kelowna City Council as they hold their first-ever official city council meeting away from City Hall. Mayor Colin Basran and Kelowna's eight city councillors will be on campus for the meeting, which is free and open to the public.