UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
3247 University Way
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- Furry friends help kids build confidence in UBC Okanagan’s pilot program November 20, 2017Furry, four-legged teacher aids have moved into the classroom to help a group of kids develop skills needed at school.
- From 100 to zero in two weeks flat November 15, 2017J.J. had a choice. Continue to consume a daily cocktail of diabetes medication or change the way he eats.
- UBC and YMCA partner to offer evidence-based health program to community November 13, 2017With world diabetes day just around the corner on November 14, UBC Okanagan associate professor Mary Jung wants to help those living with type 2 diabetes or prediabetes create, and more importantly, maintain healthy habits.
- Retired British army officer and UBC Okanagan employee delivers emotional Remembrance Day remarks November 10, 2017The UBC Okanagan community gathered on November 9 for its 12th annual Remembrance Day service. Students, faculty and staff came together in the central courtyard and heard from a number of speakers before observing two minutes of silence.
- UBC researcher seeks to protect where the wild things walk November 9, 2017UBC research is paving the way for a route that will serve as a pilot project to protect green space and allow wildlife to move throughout the Okanagan Valley.