UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
Development and Alumni Engagement
1138 Alumni Ave.
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- UBCO research shows a mother’s fat intake can impact infant infectious disease outcomes April 14, 2021A team of UBC Okanagan researchers has determined that the type of fats a mother consumes while breastfeeding can have long-term implications on her infant’s gut health.
- UBCO engineer cautions pregnant women about speed bumps April 13, 2021Slow down. Baby on board.
- UBCO hosts webinar on STEM education for Indigenous youth April 12, 2021With students around the world increasingly looking to education in science, technology, engineering and math — the STEM fields — as a means of creating opportunity, UBC’s Okanagan campus will host a webinar discussing the potential for STEM among Canada’s Indigenous youth, as well as the challenges they face.
- UBCO to announce winners of annual writing contest April 12, 2021UBC Okanagan’s Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies (FCCS) is hosting an event Friday where it will share the winners of the 2021 Okanagan Short Story Contest.
- UBCO researchers find a new use for waste April 8, 2021Waste materials from the pulp and paper industry have long been seen as possible fillers for building products like cement, but for years these materials have ended up in the landfill.