UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
Development and Alumni Engagement
1138 Alumni Ave.
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- Lottery-styled art gala evening coming to UBCO January 16, 2020As a special fundraising event, UBC Okanagan’s Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies (FCCS) organizes a gala evening where good luck plays a part in who takes home which piece of art.
- Make-believe zombie apocalypse puts UBC professors to the test January 9, 2020For many, the question of who to bring along in order to rebuild human civilization during a zombie apocalypse has gone unanswered for too long. Now, six UBC Okanagan professors, all from different fields of expertise, aim to settle the issue once and for all—or at least until next year—as they prepare for the second […]
- Creative Days opens studio doors for potential artists January 9, 2020Artists interested in UBC Okanagan’s visual arts program are invited to attend a special class with a professor to learn about the program and find out how to put a portfolio together.
- Need to control blood sugar? There’s a drink for that, says UBC prof January 7, 2020With more people with diabetes and pre-diabetes looking for novel strategies to help control blood sugar, new research from UBC’s Okanagan campus suggests that ketone monoester drinks—a popular new food supplement—may help do exactly that.
- Engineering students enter virtual reality operating room December 20, 2019UBC Okanagan student Hafsah Khan is immersed in an operating room at the Hospital for Special Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York where a spine surgery is currently underway; although she is not physically there.