UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
3247 University Way
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- UBC biologist receives federal support to research egg industry sustainability January 20, 2018As a leading Canadian expert in sustainability, UBC’s Nathan Pelletier has been awarded a prestigious Industrial Research Chair by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC). The award will advance Pelletier’s research activities that focus on sustainability measurement and management, life-cycle thinking and resource efficiency, with an emphasis on the Canadian egg […]
- New research finds that mould can infiltrate and weaken bio-composite materials January 11, 2018At UBC Okanagan’s School of Engineering, mould is proving increasingly important in the domain of engineering materials and can lead to early deterioration and structural failure.
- Abrupt end to exercise not the answer when it comes to eating disorder treatment January 10, 2018UBC researcher Danika Quesnel says telling people who are undergoing treatment for an eating disorder to completely abstain from exercise can be detrimental to the patient’s recovery and long-term health.
- UBC’s fine arts studios open for Portfolio Day and Creative Days January 5, 2018UBC Okanagan’s Faculty of Creative and Critical studies is encouraging artists, interested fine arts options at the university, to show off their talent.
- Plot twists, new high-school category for annual fiction competition December 20, 2017To celebrate the 20th year of its public debut in the Okanagan, UBC’s creative writing contest has undergone some dramatic changes—by adding new chapters.