UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
Development and Alumni Engagement
1138 Alumni Ave.
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- Street homeless people learn to ‘perform’ to obtain life-sustaining resources January 21, 2021New UBC Okanagan research has identified that street homeless people must learn to ‘perform’ in particular ways through their interactions with service providers to receive the help they need.
- UBCO’s annual Life Raft Debate heads into outer space January 19, 2021UBC Okanagan’s third-annual Life Raft Debate is switching up the theme and heading to Mars for the 2021 version.
- UBCO hosts talk exploring Indigenous perspectives and systemic racism in science January 18, 2021Over the past several months, UBC’s Okanagan campus has been hosting bold discussions on systemic racism in academia through the Provost’s Speaker Series on System Racism and in support of UBC President Santa Ono’s commitment for UBC to address racism and injustice.
- New tool removes chemotherapy drugs from water systems January 18, 2021‘What goes in, must come out’ is a familiar refrain. It is especially pertinent to the challenges facing UBC researchers who are investigating methods to remove chemicals and pharmaceuticals from public water systems.
- A call to writers for Okanagan Short Story Contest submissions January 14, 2021Up and coming writers are encouraged to submit entries for the annual Okanagan Short Story Contest.