UBC's Okanagan Campus Development & Alumni Engagement Office
Development and Alumni Engagement
1138 Alumni Ave.
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- Research and local partnerships the top priorities for UBCO’s new Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science September 25, 2020It was a summer to remember for UBC Okanagan’s newly-minted Irving K. Barber Faculty of Science.
- Don’t treat a COVID-19 vaccine like we did toilet paper, says UBC prof September 24, 2020With governments around the world seeking to develop and distribute a COVID-19 vaccine and put a stop to the spread of the virus, one UBC Okanagan researcher says we should resist the urge to engage in nationalist policies for global health issues.
- UBCO researchers concerned about important prey and predator species in post-fire logging areas September 23, 2020New research from UBC Okanagan shows that salvage logging on land damaged by wildfires has negative impacts on a variety of animals.
- Student enrolment remains strong at UBC September 22, 2020Student enrolment numbers remain strong this fall at UBC Vancouver and UBC Okanagan—a sign of the university’s stellar academic reputation. Students are keenly interested in achieving their educational ambitions at UBC, despite challenges posed by COVID-19.
- When is HIIT the best exercise fit? September 21, 2020Determining whether high-intensity interval training (HIIT) is an appropriate form of exercise for the average person has been hotly debated for years. But for one UBC Okanagan researcher, there’s not much to debate—interval exercise, when used appropriately, can fit into people’s menu of flexible exercise options.